Wednesday, August 8, 2007

$8.95 lost to a scam...




I never seem to learn. I make a blah-blah-blah about scams and scamming but I allowed myself to be a victim recently. That was actually the third time that I received such an e-mail supposedly from Yahoo informing me that I won this and that much. This time I took the risk and followed the directions for me to "claim the prize". In the process of completing the requirements there was this portion which asked for something like membership fee of $8.95 to be paid via Paypal or e-gold. Since I have not touched my last Mylot payout, my stupid mind made me do the transfer of the amount to a certain Yahoo account. A note from e-gold informed me that I was able to complete the transaction successfully.

Successfully for them but loss for me. I really half-expected this lousy part. What was I thinking?

Old dogs never seem to learn.

2 comments:

Chris Elliott said...

nice and informative blog! check out mine http://cash4urpocket.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I THINK THIS INFORMATION HELPS US TO BE VERY CAREFUL TO THOSE WHO ARE SCAMMERS. WE KNOW THAT MONEY MATTERS BUT BE A CRITICAL THINKER.
-RUEL BUTZ B. PIS-AN-