Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nokia does not deny potential danger of cellphone batteries

I just got this from the news tonight that a woman's cellphone exploded and burned itself, her bed and pillow. When interviewed the woman said that she was only charging her cellphone when she heard the explosion. She rushed to her room to find her cellphone burning on top of her bed.

It was found out later that the explosion was caused by the cellphone battery which, they discovered, could get overheated and cause such a dangerous effect.

Nokia officials were contacted and did not deny the potential danger of some cellphone batteries. However, they explained that they had always made sure that safety measures are followed in the manufacture of cellphone units. The officials are now looking into the real cause of the accident.

No comments: